Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 2 Shakeology!!!! Let's see how this goes!!!

This is something so many of us hear all too often, would you rather be dead than exercise an hour a day?  Since I have been dead, the only way is up right?  So today for my shake, I decided to mix it up a notch.  We had bananas, strawberries, and the shake.  Kyle keeps trying to lick his fingers and sneaking some of it out of the container because "Mom, it smells like hot chocolate and it isn't fair you get to drink this all the time!" 
Before I decided to start all this, I looked at things like this seeing as things kept getting worse, and not much better.....


I’ve listed down the common arguments that these people use and my own counter arguments. You can see that these “exercise” arguments are all obviously wrong:


Argument: Exercise is good for you!
Counter Argument: Ice cream is good for me. I know because it tastes good. If it tastes good, it has to be good. Hence proved.


Argument: It helps you stay fit. You’ll live longer.
Counter Argument: Soon there will be pills and medicines that will let you live longer. Plus, they’ll come in chocolate and strawberry flavors dipped in cream. But because you are dieting, you won’t be able to take them. Then I’ll be laughing at you. Actually, let me start now. Hahahahah!


Argument: It’s fun!
Counter Argument: No it’s not. You only pretend it is fun to try to make me jealous. But I am above such petty things.


Argument: “No Pain No Gain“. If you don’t take the pain, you won’t get any gain.
Counter Argument: My mantra is: “No Pain, No Pain“. If you don’t cause yourself any pain, you don’t have to take the pain. And obviously, anyone with a really bad pulled hamstring 9 miles into a half marathon would truly understand this. 


Argument: Health is Wealth!
Counter Argument: REALLY? Can you buy Chocolate Ice Cream with your Health? Can you ? Can you? Didn’t think so. Besides, I have mathematical proof:
Health = Wealth ....[assume]
Wealth = Money ....[Common sense]
Time = Money ....[Because Bill Gates said so]

Therefore, Health = Time ....Call this equation [1]
It follows that you can increase health by increasing the amount of free time. And you can increase the amount of free time by not exercising.
Therefore, not exercising improves your health.
What better proof do you need?


This was where I was in my so I fight harder phase, weighing out all the possibilities of maybe I might not be able to continue to do what it is I love so much.  I love to exercise, love the feeling that body feels when it is reenergized, when my heart is beating nice and strong.  I actually....wait for this....had to take my own advice.  I'm always telling open heart patients you can do anything!  It is true, we can.  We are living proof that life continues.  So why wasn't I taking my own advice and simply setting my fitness aside because of things.  Ok, I have CHF, what can I do to help get rid of that....TA DA!!!! Exercise within your limits.  Walking will not kill me.  Hell worst thing it is going to do is cause me to swell, and well my feet already look like little melons.  I'm great for advice for others, but when it comes to me sometimes, that advice I forget.  We have all been there.  We give great advice to friends who are going through hard times, help them, support them, etc, and when it gets down to it, will we practice what we preach?

No comments:

Post a Comment